About Me

I am a wife, mother, and photographer. That is the way life works best for me. I have been capturing my families memories for the past ten years and decided sometime ago to start capturing other families memories. I love meeting new families and getting to know each one of them personally. Being invited to watch them connect, love, and have fun with each other is such a great gift. I want your session to be enjoyable, stress free, and fun. I want your photos to show who you and your family are and the love you have for each other. To be able to go back years from now and remember your child's sweet smile, or the way your loved ones eyes sparkle, is my gift to you. You can see a more complete portfolio, or e-mail me by clicking on the links below. I look forward to meeting you and your family.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sleepless nights



I decided tonight that I didn’t want to do a “catching up” post. I wanted to relay all my thoughts, enlightenments, and love with all of you. I guess I thought by writing it down and remembering all of it as a whole would make it last a little longer. I have spent the last few nights with little to no sleep. I would love to say that all of those sleepless nights were for a good reason, but no not really. Until last night, I was actually thankful for last night’s long hours. Not the fact that my baby was sick but that I was there to hold, kiss, and rock that sick baby and make him feel better. I got to hold the now three year old that barley stops most days to even let me touch him much less just sit and hold him. But last night, in the dark with only the moonlight touching his little head, did I get to reveal in the fact that no one but me would do. That sleeping against me was the only sleep there was. As I sat there awake listening to him breath and feeling that little breath against my neck I remembered the first time I meet him, the first time I held him, and the first time we spent a night just such as this one, where only mommy would do. No, I do not like when my little ones are sick, but like most other mommies I like being needed. I like knowing that I am the one who has the magic kisses. That I am the only one who can hold them and rock them just the right way that they can find the rest they need. However through all of this I did realize how quickly their time as babies is slipping away. There are so many things I want for them, dreams that I want them to achieve, but for right now, just a brief few more years I just want them to be my babies. I am still my mother’s baby, even at almost 30, so I know that no matter their age, they will still be my babies, but my time of kissing boo-boos, rocking to sleep and singing the perfect lullabies are limited. So for now I will cherish and hold dear to my heart any sleepless nights I get to hold my babies. I will cherish those brief moments when a simple hug is all that is needed and I will hold dear those whispered words, of mommy I love you. Those are the things I will never forget and that make it all worth while.


1 comment:

April said...

You are absolutely right Jess! I love cuddling with Simon but he never lets me unless he is sick or hurt, so as much as it pains me to see him that way, I do revel in the time we get to spend cuddling!